***This page is no longer being updated. Thanks for your great support. – InCrisisRelief team***
Update: May 12 , 2015
A powerful earthquake of 7.3 magnitude again struck Nepal and also some parts of Afghanistan and India.
The impact of this second big quake is severely felt in Nepal where people were just beginning to recover from the earlier one that struck on 25th April.
Please do all you can to assist and reach out.
Call to Action
InCrisisRelief is helping the Nepal Embassy in New Delhi in sending relief material to Nepal.
Please note that foremost among the needs are: shelters, tents, and dry food. (Tents must be of recommended size: 12 x 18 feet).
Following gallery has consolidated information on 1) Where and how to donate, 2) Required Needs on Medicines, Essentials, Foods.[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”14″ gal_title=”Nepal Quake Relief”]
(click on each image to expand further)
Consolidated Helpline Information
- Nepal Embassy now has a toll free number at 1800-2700032. Help rebuild Nepal [source].
- West Bengal Helpine for Siliguri, Darjeeling & other areas: 1070
- Hyderabad: 040-23456005
- MEA Control Room, India on Twitter: @MEAControlRoom
- British Nationals requiring consular assistance: call +44 (0) 207 008 0000 or text NEPAL to +447860010026
- Nepalese Army Headquarters, Kathmandu: 009771427055 / 1114 (tollfree) for
#Rasuwa & #Nuwakot 009779851075895 / /0097710540037 [Source]
- Airtel, Viber, BSNL offering telecom support by slashing rates or offering free phone related services to Nepal.
Contact information of CDOs of affected districts outside Kathmandu and secretaries assigned for relief ops (via @Nepal_PM_Fund): For more such information, visit the following gallery which has relevant information including relief camps, official helplines, volunteering opportunities, on-ground support organizations and medical services.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”16″ gal_title=”#NepalQuakeRelief-Numbers”]
Information on Shelters
— Nepal Embassy, India (@EONIndia) April 29, 2015
Other Shelters and On-ground info:
- St. Xavier’s Jawlakhel and St. Mary’s have opened their gates to allow shelter seekers in their open grounds.
- CARE International on ground plans to assist up to 75,000 ppl with shelter, food, water & latrine construction.
- Chabad house in Kathmandu offering shelter.
- Uday Foundation Relief Basecamp at Sri Aurobindo Centre at Checkpost, Thankot P. O. Box: 1993, Kathmandu, Nepal.