Recent floods and cyclone in April 2016 hit more than 1100 people of Changlang district in Arunachal Pradesh. The affected people are Chakma settlers and they need urgent support and relief.
The overflowing New Dihing River and cyclone caused devastation and several people lost their families, land, and livelihood.
The disaster worsened since last week of April and 8 lives were lost on 27th April, 2016 alone.
MAJOR FINDINGS OF THE LOCAL ASSESSMENT TEAM
- Avoipur, Rajnagar, Dharmapur, Dumpathar , Dumpani and Bijoypur are the affected villages by the recent flood and cyclone.
- Approx 246 people from 81 families are severely affected by the cyclone and flood.
- 8 people died and 81 families lost their houses and livelihood
- Rice,Dal and Oil and drinking water, Medical camps and medicines and tin sheets for construction houses are the emergency requirements for them Tin sheet for constructing houses At present, affected people are living in temporary shelter in two government schools and pagodas and they need immediate support.
- More than 200 families lost their land where they cultivate paddy and vegetables.
- They lost their immediate documents such as refugee certificate, health insurance , bank accounts etc.
- Families in the temporary shelter are struggling to get food items and toilet facilities.
We at InCrisisRelief are looking to reach out to these people and provide them sustenance in the time of their need with the help of reliable and credible local partners, North East Diocesan Social Service Society (NEDSSS) and Seva Kendra, Arunachal Pradesh.
Donate, share, and spread the word.